everybody is someone else's weirdo.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bits and pieces

So.. I was just listening through a live recording of my favorite band (Modest Mouse's Baron von Bullshit Rides Again), and totally forgot about this outrageously hilarious rant he goes on after playing "Paper Thin Walls", when some dumb shit in the audience heckles him to play "Free Bird". I managed to find the whole rant transcribed, as such:

"I know I've said this before; the odds of us actually playing Free Bird are... There ARE no odds. It is not going to happen. I'll start with the first reason: we have NO idea how to play Free Bird. The second reason is: in the lovebug's natural habitat, hearing that would just fucking kill him, wouldn't it? You wouldn't want that, right? He's adorable. He is cute. Thirdly: Even if some, like, pick your deity, whoever, came down from the heavens or the hills or wherever your deity lives, and just blessed us with this vast knowledge of Free Bird and things, and we could play it backwards, sing backwards, we could do all that crazy shit... We still just wouldn't do it. If this were the Make-a-Wish Foundation and you were gonna die in 20 minutes, just long enough to play Free Bird, we still wouldn't play it. And here's the end reason: the end reason is that life is just too fuckin' short to play or hear Free Bird."
-Isaac Brock, Modest Mouse

I also conveniently managed to find that specific chunk of the recording on Youtube. Evidently someone else finds this as entertaining as I do.

On a completely different note, my medulla oblongata is threatening to cut off my breathing in small intervals until I get more tattoos.. Though I believe this to be a bluff (lack of O2 causes brain damage, too much collateral for a medulla to risk it), I'm certainly not taking any chances with my life. With this in mind, I need some opinions. Here's something I designed back in 2007, preferably as a lower back piece of sorts.. I think... Half my chest is accounted for, and there isn't a lot of real estate on my tummy, so I'm running out of places to put this one.



Alternatively, I've been considering keeping the sleeve rolling and attacking my left bicep with a stylized design of the Heighway-Harter, or Dragon, curve. It's a very simple iterative function which, like all fractals, becomes more complex and beautiful with every iteration. I think this one is done to 12 iterations; any more and the tattoo artist wouldn't be coming out of this with his sanity. I've also done it to match the work on the lower part of that arm, so it would be a lot less random than the other one.. But they both have pros and cons. Anyway, here that is:



If you stare at this, little white dots will begin to appear where the black lines intersect.
I'm getting tired of typing now. Opinions? S'il vous plait & merci!

1 other things people said:

Anonymous said...

Oooh that's so clever @_@

Post a Comment